Robotics Process Automation: Streamlining High-Volume Repeatable Tasks
Robotics Process Automation (RPA) allows for automated decisions to be made based on a series of pre-determined programming rules that learn and improve over time. A subset of Artificial Intelligence (AI), the goal of RPA is to create a streamlined process where the need for human intervention is minimized and/or removed. Using RPA in healthcare delivery business applications can significantly reduce manual processes and human error by mapping interactions between traditional data entry tasks and core information systems. Applications range from case management and registration to claims processing and denials.
RCMS can help your organization to develop a sensible, realistic path to RPA implementation — with measurable, long-term ROI implications.
Not every work task lends itself to robotics process automation. RCMS can help your organization to develop an RPA implementation plan that explores all areas of the revenue cycle — where repeated processes can be substantially improved.
RCMS RPA Features & Benefits
- Improved accuracy over redundant manual data entry
- Unattended and attended RPA applications
- Automates repetitive tasks in conjunction with AI and machine learning
- Allows staff to be more productive and focus on higher-value work
- Can move data across HIS applications
- Connects disparate systems where APIs don’t exist
- Data is stored for auditing compliance with regulatory requirements
- Adjusts and scales to changes in underlying systems
Can Robotics Process Automation revolutionize your business office or practice group billing department? Talk to us about an on-site assessment to identify which of your business applications can benefit from RPA.