A subset of Artificial Intelligence (AI), the goal of Robotics Process Automation (RPA) is to create a streamlined process where the need for human intervention is minimized and/or removed. Using RPA in healthcare business office applications can significantly reduce manual processes by mapping interactions between traditional data entry tasks and core Line of Business (LOB) information systems. RCMS can help your organization to develop an RPA implementation plan that explores all areas of the revenue cycle — where repeated processes can be substantially improved.
RPA Revenue Cycle Improvement Benefits
Robotics Processing Automation provides significant opportunities in the business office for creating permanent revenue cycle improvements, including:
- Improved accuracy over redundant manual data entry processing
- Unattended and attended claims and billing applications
- Automated repetitive tasks in conjunction with AI and machine learning
- A more productive staff, focused on high-value work
- Ability to move data across healthcare information system (HIS) applications
- Connecting disparate systems where APIs don’t exist
- Data is efficiently stored for auditing and regulatory requirements
- RPA processes can adjust and scale to changes in underlying systems
RCMS brings decades of healthcare business office experience to improve your revenue cycle. We can provide a wide range of Technology Solutions that provide for workflow automation and increased data quality. Contact RCMS about robotics processing automation for your business office.